Monday, March 14

Zaptastic!

I'm going scanning crazy! While searching for some comic pages that I did a couple of years ago I have found many drawings from years past and have proceeded to scan them in to share with ya'll. The earliest I've scanned in is a little watercolor thing I did in sixth grade, and to make those of you who already feel ANCIENT around me that would of been '96 or '97 I believe. Fun right?

Frank Zappa is a strange character, mmmm.....sex and drugs. I guess this is what I get for borrowing random CD's from my manfriend. You know what I also found? a poem that I read for some competition that I did in third grade. I should type it up, it's quite an interesting piece done by Roald Dahl (you know, "James and the Giant Peach") and I remember exactly how I read it. Quite funny (Damn Frank, why are you so strange! "residual echoes" WTF!) (I think I'm high on something, but I don't know what. I wonder if there's some strange chemical in Cherry Vanill Dr. Pepper.) Anyways, I remember being sick when I had to read it for competition, and I was so stuffy, and it sucked, and I was so upset because I didn't advance and the two other kids from my school did. I was rather distressed, stupid cold.

I can't concentrate with this funky ASS music. I also happened to find a poem that I wrote Sophomore year (the radio is broken, it don't work anymore) (Damn posters! They're going to fall on my head while I'm sleeping I know it!) which still seems to sum me up quite well. I suppose I could post that up here too. You all don't even care do you. I'm just babbling to myself out here with Zappa zapping crap weird lyrics into my head. Well it's not so much the lyrics, but the weird ass way he is singing, I can't describe it really, it's just that he says words up and down the scale in a lounge singer type way (Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars).

Wow, so I'm going nowhere with this post. I went to the Comm. Design conference this weekend which was quite entertaining. I'm such a nerd, I was excited about paper, and oohing and ahing over printing processes. (Fucking poster! Stay down damnit!) And the posters I'm complaining about I got for "free" (see, I had to pay $50 to go to this thing, so they aren't really free) and since the damn dorms are made from pure concrete and painted with super slick paint I can't push pin anything into the walls or tape anything up very well. Bitches. Mmm.....Jazz Discharge Party Hats, fun. "There was nothing left to do, it was Albuquerque, New Mexico. It's two o'clock in the morning....They're not going to get any nooky anyways....."

Shit. Brain has gone vacation. How am I ever going to get my research project done with me laughing at every stupid little thing?

No comments: