Thursday, October 20

Hard Driven Beliefs

Woohoo! My computer now kicks mucha ass-o-la. I believe I've (meaning my boy/manfriend) quadrupeled my RAM, added an external hard drive, got a snazzy new video card, and a cute little thumb drive to boot.

Now I'm set up to do all sorts of Photoshoppy goodness, that is if I can figure out how to do stuff in it. I kind of snoozed during that part of my "Computers in Art" class, and up until now I've only really been using Illustrator.

All my new stuff is quite exciting, it's almost like getting a new computer, but really much better in a lot of ways. Plus, since my manfriend "is the man," he's helping me out with paying for all this, because otherwise I don't think I would have bothered trying.

Enough about today, yesterday was pretty fun too. I cleaned and organized my room (a vast improvent) and I even vacuumed. The vacuuming is something I will have to do quite regularly though since I got Boscoe now, he's quite messy.

I made a red velvet cake as well (Duncan Hines mix, hard to screw up), but I had a mixing malfunction and since red velvet cake really is really red, it about looked like there was a murder in the kitchen and I was desperately trying to cover it up.

...Yeah, just "looked" like a murder, that's right...

Anyways, later, while I was playing a video game (shocking, I know), and Boscoe was continuing to destroy the pencil he started on the other day, some Morman's dropped by. Quite exciting, the first time I've had Morman's come to MY DOOR! And since I didn't look through the peephole (they were two girls anyways, in not obvious Morman attire) I started talking to them, well, they did all the talking really and asked me what I thought periodically.

"How do I feel about Jesus Christ? Our Father? about the various prophets?" Which generally got a blank stare and a shoulder shrug from me. I usually stay out of conversations on religion and politics because it generally just becomes a shouting match between people determined that their belief is right and everyone should think the same way as they do about it, which is stupid in my opinion, but I wouldn't say that out loud. Except for here of course, cause this is my own damn blog and...whatever.

The missionaries were interesting to listen to though, their theories and beliefs were a little too literal for my taste though. I think any religion is worthwhile if it makes you feel better about your life and helps you help others. Plus these girls weren't shoving their beliefs down my throat trying to force feed it to me, they were just talking about how it had helped them and that they thought it could help others, so I was intrigued to listen. Plus, when I said something about what I thought they didn't dismiss it, they were just curious. Quite pleasant really, though it did get boring after a time.

I don't know, but I think I should head to bed now, I need to get up at 7. Ick.

1 comment:

EmberFireflash said...

Ah yes, you know you are an apartment goer in Denton when you have had your first Mormon at your door! Congradulations! the pestered the hell out of me last year, but they were good people and I didnt mind too much. Its like an odd initiation of sorts. You should invite them in, thats when it gets really interesting! But they are nice when you dont agree with their beliefes, their pretty cool people.