So...I had an interesting chem lab earlier. Our usually not unpleasant TA (some lady from Romania with a cool accent) wasn't there and was replaced with a small incredibly rude Indian dude with an accent too thick that it took a while to decipher what he was yelling at us about. I don't know if anyone had informed him that we're the "non-majors" class, meaning people like me (art majors and other non-sciency majors) who are pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff because we haven't done anything chemistry related since highschool and we don't really care if we learn much of anything, we just need a decent grade to get the credit.
I don't know, I guess you had to be there, but trust me, he was an ass. Or better yet an assHAT (I'm not even sure what that means, but it sounds appropriate). I guess common courtesy was lost to this dude, I know it's not a cultural thing, (sometimes people who are speaking a second language can sound more harsh just because they don't know all the subtleties intuitively, but this guy was just rude for no good reason) this guy would probably be even worse if he had a greater grasp of the english language. At least this way you can really pretend you don't know what he said, you know, without really pretending.
I hope Romanian Chick is back next week, she's kind of hard to understand too, but she's very nice. Nice is good. Rude is bad. That's the lesson for today.
I guess I'll get to finishing up my research for Bayou Magic, as long as I don't get too stuck I should be fine. Adios.
Monday, October 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment