Saturday, September 11

Three Years Ago

I just realized that I didn't have anything meaningful written before. This is was a tragic day three years ago, a day that helped put a lot of things in perspective for me and for many others. I grew up very quickly after that day, I was 16 and very naive of the cruelties of the world (actually I still am). I never knew I could cry about the loss of so many others, and it was a little comforting to know that I hadn't been hardened by violent movies or television. Now I am 19, not too big a difference in years, but I'm very different person now, maybe I haven't gotten any taller, but I've grown considerably. One can look ahead and forget to see what's right in front of them. Never forget what you really have to be thankful for, friends, family, yourself, these are things that once you lose them, you may never get back. It's easy to become overwhelmed, but remember the things that make life worth living. Life isn't just about surviving, it's about experiencing....it's about risks. My goal is to have the greatest stories to tell my grandchildren, and that won't get done by playing it safe, without ruffling a few feathers. I know I've ruffled plenty lately, and while depressing at times, I have not regretted any decisions. I am so thankful because I think I may have found a person I could spend the rest of my life with, or at least his, and that is so.....wonderful. I could write some cheeseball statement to finish off all this sentiment, but when it comes right down to it, help others and don't forget to have fun. That's it, I've figured it out. The meaning of life, love and laughter. I can't think of anything better.

No comments: