Saturday, September 18

Bullshit

I have gotten very little accomplished today for reasons I don't know why. Well, actually I do know why, I'm just a lazy ass and haven't had the chance to be a true lazy ass for a couple of weeks now, so I had to catch up today. I did draw my milk carton today though, and I got more food that really isn't good for me AND I watched Kill Bill Volume 2 (what a ridiculuously gory movie, some parts make you cringe with the thought of these things) with my roommate. Fun stuff. So I still have 5 revisions to do for Typography (figure/ground reversal with letters, does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?), 3 sketches of transparent objects for Color and Rendering (I should just turn in 3 blank pieces of paper, I wonder what kind of grade that would get me), and 30 thumbnails of adding graphics onto the word unicorn or goat (I haven't decided which one yet) for Computers in Art. I have kind of strange homework if you can't tell.

I just got done playing some piano, and I really suck, I am really not in the right state of mind. I could never be a musician professionally because my abilities to play music fluctuate radically, and I don't think I could ever play any instrument dependably. Drawing is nice because you can always go back and "change" it (you don't make mistakes in art, you make "changes"), performance art just isn't my cup of tea, others can have that job.

Color and Rendering class has been kind of frustrating lately, you see there is no grade on idea or concept like in my other classes, it's purely on technique and just how well you draw. There is no more, "well you gave it a good effort" up to the grade, just is it great, crappy or just "average". So far I've been pretty "average" and it's pissing me off, because I know that's the grade I'm gonna get, but I cannot find a way, or I just lack the ability to make it BETTER. I suppose this will only make me try harder though, if it weren't for those stupid markers. I do so much better with colored pencils. Markers are just so permanent, and I like to make a lot of "changes" to my work. Maybe I just need to find my style with this particular media, only it's taking me a while. Okay, enough complaining about my lacking of ability in drawing with markers, I better go do some work so I don't have to worry about it after my lovely 8 hour shift of swiping cards at the cafeteria. Yay! (fake enthusiasm, yet again.)

No comments: