It wasn't until last night that I truly understood the magnitude of what's happening in New Orleans. I have't had TV or Internet or even a newspaper to know much about what's going on in the world. My boyfriend told me just what was going on, New Orleans has been DESTROYED since I've moved into my apartment. Destroyed. It's amazing, I still can't really get my head around it. If I could watch the news I'd be balling, SO MANY PEOPLE have lost homes, friends, family...their lives.
The tsunamis were horrible, but it seems to sink in more when it happens so close to home. I wouldn't have to fly or take a boat to New Orleans, I could get in my car right now and drive about 6 or 7 hours and be there.
I get so caught up in my own little world, with all my wants and needs and all I can do is pray that I'm never pulled into a situation that's as catastrophic as what's going on.
May life smile on you and give you the strength needed to be happy and free from pain.
Thursday, September 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment