I hardly worked at all today. I don't think 2 hours even counts as "work." I think I'm kind of getting squeezed out of Friday's schedule, because even if I go, while I do make my hourly wage (which is crap) I won't make any tips because there's so many drivers. Which, in turn, means I don't take as many runs, ergo less money for mwa.
I guess not having to work Friday's though won't hurt me too bad, maybe I'll actually develop a social life. HAH! Even when I have the time I hate parties, small get-togethers are nice, but not parties. Also, I always feel like I'm almost inviting myself a lot of times. I tend to kind of keep myself "apart" somehow from most of the people in my classes and at work. Not that I'm unfriendly or anything, but I guess it comes off to other people fairly clearly that I'm not all that out-going, and I don't get invited to things. And, like I said, even if I hear about a "party" or whatnot, I feel like I'm inviting myself over if I ask about or something.
For some reason I don't feel like I can ever fit in with any real niche or clique, I've never kept many really close friends. Sure there's people I "know," but the only real common interest I have with most of them (especially now) is that we're all Comm. Design majors. I highschool it was swimming, I never did anything outside of swimming related activities with anyone.
Why am I even talking about this? I suppose its something I'd like to change about myself. A lot of times I'm really bad at keeping in touch with friends, I forget, I'm tired, or just think they wouldn't really want to spend the time with me (read above, "I feel like I'm inviting myself over").
I'm having a hard enough time not feeling like that with my sibs let alone friends. A lot of times I still feel like I'm, well "tolerated" isn't quite the right word, but something akin to that. I don't feel depressed about it or anything, but I think I'd enjoy school more if I just "let loose" a bit and made an effort to not be a homebody ALL the time. Not that I want to crazy or anything, but I don't know, something.
Okay, change of subject, I am SO glad my family doesn't live on the coast. I've heard so many classmates talk about their family and friends trying to get out of Rita's path or attempting to hunker down as best they can. I've heard so many people complain about El Paso, but the lack of weather there makes it seem very appealing as of late. El Paso may dry up some day, but at least it won't get destroyed all of a sudden. And the levies have already been breached in New Orleans again. This does not bode well.
I feel silly when I'm worrying and stressing about how to think up 50 more headline revisions and things like this are happening just hundreds of miles away. Amazing really. I only hope we can escape from all this devastation without too much long term damage, and I can only pray that most will survive and will return to their normal lives in the near future.
Introspective time over, I'm going to take a shower now and eat a little something. Everyone try to stay safe and happy.
Friday, September 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment