Monday, August 8

Korean Box Maker

Ah, another day over and done with. I'm glad tomorrow is my day off from work...not for any particular reason, just because it's nice NOT to have to work. Actually I think this week will be my last full week of work, after that I'm going to try doing a weekend thing. We'll see how well this keeps up during the school year, I think I'll be okay because I've been very clear to my manager that I am really not looking to work only about 15 hours (definitely not over 20). I know that's not many hours, but for my own sanity (and the fact that I'm quite sure I'll have mucho thumbnails to do) I think that'll do just fine.

Hmmm...I don't know what to talk about really. The little Korean guy at work really needs to get a clue or I believe his ass will get fired soon. I don't know if I've really shared the joy of my fellow employee on this blog before...but he has a lot more problems than a language barrier. He can fold boxes...and that's about it, he does deliver, but does so very slowly and he's never given doubles (taking two runs in one trip) because the manager doesn't trust him to come back within the same day. He's very slow, mostly gets in the way, smokes like a chimney (but the real problem is he goes outside and "chills" while he's smoking even when we're super busy), lacks basic comprehension (things that really don't require him to know english that well), seems to only know a few choice phrases in english, OH! and here's the big kicker (I think my lingo is a bit out of date) he backs out ONLY looking directly behind him (because cars don't come in from other directions), he's almost hit me before and has come very close to backing into other drivers as well. The list goes on and on, and, if it isn't obvious, after a couple of weeks of giving him the "benefit of the doubt" I am more than a little irritated (and irrated) with the man.

ANYWAYS, other than the fact that the way he talks is rather humorous, I wouldn't be upset if Korean Dude was fired. I know it's wrong, but it's quite funny to hear Korean Dude (just him in particular, most Koreans and/or Asians don't sound like him)immitations. I almost feel bad that he's the at butt of many jokes, almost.

I think I'm going to eat some cookies my friend made now...hers are way better than the cookies I made not too long ago. Mine were crap, maybe I'll make brownies sometime to redeem myself. I make kickass brownies.

No comments: