Not one but three outstanding independent reasearch organizations conducted this survey. And they asked not just a few thousand, but 113,597, doctors from coast to coast to name the cigarette they themselves preferred to smoke.
The answers came in by the thousands...from general physicians, diagnosticians, surgeons--yes, and nose and throat specialists too. The most-named brand was Camel.
If you are not now smoking Camels, try them. Compare them critically. See how the full, rich flavor of Camel's costlier tobaccos suits your taste. See how the cool mildness of a Camel suits your throat. Let your "T-zone" (T for taste and T for throat) tell you.
It's true folks...or at least it was true in 1946. So I guess that survey isn't so recent, sue me. Today I purchased 3 books (text book size) filled with ads from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. It's quite entertaining, and it only cost me $13 for each very large book. I just think it's funny to read ads for cigarettes, lead-based paint, war propaganda that uses very politically incorrect terms, and other pre-civil rights movement terms and stereotypes. Though it is important to keep in mind the time and era that these advertisements were made.
I do really like the feel of the design in these ads though, most have illustrations and the style is so great. Maybe I'll scan a few ads in some time (when I get all of MY computer stuff back together) just to show you all.
Yesterday was a craptastic night at work, but I think I'm over it now pretty much, and I didn't do TOO bad in tips, but it was still far from great. I have been becoming more "lonely" for my boyfriend, but I feel pretty lame complaining about that. Hopefully by next week that situation will improve. Anyways, I think I'll waste some more time looking at retro-ads. Night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment