Just got through watching Team America: World Police and it was hi-larious. What makes it truly great are the songs, just like the songs in South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut made that movie so grand, and, seeing as this was created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, it only seems appropriate. If you have no knowledge of this movie it uses a complete marionette cast. So...it's essentially The Thunderbirds but much more obscene.
Anything and everything can be done with marionettes, gun fights, kung fu, fisticuffs, exploding heads, explicit sex scenes and much more. I never thought puppets could be used so cinematically, but I don't know if anyone's ever put enough money into it...until now. Everything is funnier when it's done with puppets, especially when making fun of Alec Baldwin or Matt Damon. Always funny. Who doesn't like puppets? Puppets make the day that much better.
I encourage all to see this film. Be warned, it is incredibly stupid, but entirely funny. Also, there is great metaphor used in the film, which will only enhance your movie watching experience.
"Show alot of things happening at once remind everyone what's going on! That's called a montage! MONTAGE! Even Rocky had a montage! MONTAGE!"
Anyways, I actually set up a still-life today and it was nice to just draw for a few hours, it's been a little too long since I've done that and it felt quite good. I figured I could use at least some of the mulitude of stuff in my mf's apartment for something, especially if he isn't there to use it for the time being.
"Drawing! Fuck Yeah!"
I don't have much else to share, so I think I'll just watch my friend's kittens beat on each other and attack bugs and shit. Night all.
Saturday, July 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment