Wednesday, July 27

Driver's Ed

I have now decided that people become unobservant bastards while driving. Nothing terribly extreme happened to me today or anything, but just another driving situation where it seems as though I'm the only person aware of other people while in the car. Case in point, I'm on the highway, another car is driving on my ass obviously wanting to pass me, normally I get in the right lane as soon as possible, but since there was a semi two lanes over in a lane that was about end, SO....I was going to wait until I passed the semi to get over. Dumbass behind me tries to pass on the right side. The semi's lane is going to end in 500 ft that a sign clearly states before-hand (for some reason no one likes to believe these signs, you know LANE ENDS or EXIT ONLY, and don't get over until they have no choice, this annoys the crap out of me btw) and the guy has to brake suddenly to get back behind me. This seemed clear to me, but it seems as though not many people like to put these facts together while they're driving, and I think it's doubly important if you're really in a hurry and are trying to speed by people SAFELY.

I'm not sure if anyone even really understood what kind of situation I described, but I'm a very passive driver. If it looks like someone is going to cut in front of me I generally give them room because they'll probably do it anyway and I would prefer if they DIDN'T hit my car. Also, semi's always win, if one has a blinker on YOU LET THEIR ASSES GET OVER! Don't speed past them, don't cut in front of them and don't ride on there ass. I don't think even the biggest baddest truck is going to match a semi's destructive weight and momentum.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm amazed there aren't more accidents on the road everyday. It seems as though very few people realize really how fast they're going in a METAL BOX! I don't care how many safety tests and crash tests have been done, you hit something going even 30 mph something's going to break. Not that I don't speed, but I just hate it when people don't show SOME restraint and are only thinking about how much in a hurry they are and pissed off that so many people in their way.

Okay, I've been distracted for some time and have now forgotten why I was ranting about bad drivers. So I think I'm pretty much done for the night now.

No comments: