Friday, July 15

Art Thou Nude?

Ah, the joy of pretending to have my own apartment but not really. Since today is my day off from work I've been hanging around at my mf's abandoned apartment treating it as though it were my own. That meaning I watch whatever the hell I want on TV, make my own food and spread out some art crap all over the floor (which will be easily cleaned up of course).

It's nice to have the time and energy to do some of my own art projects before school starts up again, but I'm afraid that I will quickly run out of ideas. I think I would do best just kind of experimenting with different styles and materials that I've never really worked with before. Maybe someday I'll find my own unique illustration or painting style or whatever, and have a look that would always be recognized as my own without having to put my name on it.

I got more money in the bank which is always a plus. Cooked up some chicken and some cowboy casserole (ground beef, baked beans, and some seasoning all thrown together) today so now I have some food already prepared and I can throw in the microwave for a quick meal. I thought it sounded like a good idea. Other than that I'm just being a big homebody, though I do feel like talking to somebody right now.

I've found out school doesn't start till the 29th of August which is about two weeks later than I expected, but I guess that's all fine and dandy. It does give me more time to make some money this summer. I can't wait to move into my apartment though, it's quite exciting, but that's a whole month away yet. Now all I can think of is how I'm going to arrange MY room. I think I'll need some nudey drawings hanging up in there.

"HEY, DOES ANYONE WANT TO POSE NAKED FOR ME!?"

...........

I guess that's a no. Well, it was worth a try. Maybe I'll just draw on some nude furniture. I'm going to leave now.

1 comment:

B. said...

Didn't your sister offer me (and another unnamed fellow at the table) up to pose one time? That, being said... NO. It's the answer that's best for humanity, really.

If you're starved for artistic ideas, try copying or adapting classic works. Seriously, it's good practice and food for inspiration. You could kill two birds with three stones by drawing David, the Venus de Milo, and this Venus (I saw that one last night on PBS).