Monday, July 25

ONE YEAR!

Happy Anniversary to ME! Oh, and my mf as well, you kind of need two people for this sort of thing I think. Yes, one year has come and gone, and sadly we are 2,000 miles apart. I guess we'll have to celebrate a couple of weeks late, but it is still a happy day.

Well, SORT OF happy, I did have to go into work a few hours earlier than I was supposed to, the dang Foreign guy at work who NEVER listens, didn't show up when the Manager told him too. SO, I was called in when it started to get busy because I really don't have much else to do, I just really don't like to get called in last minute, but then again I don't think most people do. Maybe if it were cloudier out today I would have been a little bit more comfortable seeing as my air conditioner is still broken (and isn't going to get fixed any time soon) and the heat index was 101 today, which wasn't all that great of a combination. I almost (well actually, pretty much did) started crying out of frustration because I got bitched out by a rude ass customer.

Me: Okay, I forgot your coke, I'll go back to the store and get it, I'm really sorry about that. I'll get back as quickly as I can.

(But seeing as this lady isn't terribly close to the store it takes me about twenty minutes.)

Asshole: I already called up your store! I want my money back! If I didn't need a drink with my pizza I wouldn't have ordered a drink with it. Now my pizza's cold! I want my money back.

(Oh, if only I wasn't so hot, sweaty, tired, and hungry)

Me: Sorry, ma'am, here's your money.

(I take the cold pizza and cinna sticks back to my car and try with all my might NOT to cry because "there's no crying in pizza!" Oh wait, I think that's baseball, but you get the idea.)

See, aparently you can't eat a pizza without a 2 liter coke, it's impossible to substitute a carbonated beverage with simple tap water for a short while. BUT! it is okay to be obscenely rude over a small mistake. I wish I had the mental capacity to respond,

"Sorry ma'am, I've been out delivering in an unairconditioned car for about 4 hours with orders almost nonstop in the middle of the day. I'm not quite as quick as I would be otherwise and if I weren't trying to rush so much so as to get other people their pizzas in a reasonable time as well, I probably would have noticed that I needed to get a drink. I apologize for forgetting your coke, I'm usually very good at NOT doing that, this was just a mistake. Again, I'm sorry...asshole."


Okay MAYBE I wouldn't have said the "asshole" part, but I would have thought it, along with many other obscenities as I most certainly did.

I had actually prepared a nice little speech for when I got there, you know, thanking the lady for her patience, and that I was really sorry for forgetting her drink, and thanks for being so nice about it. But no. I traded all that in for a meek reply of "sorry ma'am" and crying to myself out of frustration because, I was hot, sweaty, kind of hungry, really missing my mf, and this was just not the best time for me to be handling any out of the ordinary stress or any assholes in general.

ANYWAYS, I think I'm done venting for now, I just hate it when people are like that because I can't think of ME ever being that way to stranger before, and especially not to a waitress or anything. No one needs to be bitched out like that for ONE little mishap, shit happens and some people can't take it and have to dish it back out. Unfortunately, there's an abundance of people like that in the world and I'm quite sure there always will be.

Though thinking about my ONE YEAR! anniversary does help my mood considerably. G'night folks.

No comments: