Monday, May 2

Stressing the Issue

So....I'm a little down. After seeing everyone's marks today in their full glory I feel very inadequate. I mean yeah, sure, my ideas are good a executed well, but I don't feel as though I stood out in any way. I feel very run of the mill and I'm seriously doubting my ability to passed this damned review. I think a lot of my problem is that I'm too conservative in my designs, they keep telling us that we're students and we're not risking any real client's money on this stuff and we should go kind of wild. Take some risks.

I thought up a couple more letterhead designs after my prof showed us some interesting examples of professional work, but I already have a good layout that needs some tweeking that I can fall back on if these new ideas don't work too well, or they end up not seeming right for my company.

I hate wating for the printer, I need to print out a smaller version of my typography poster for the review WHICH IS ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

I was really calm yesterday, but now the pressure of all this is starting to build up and I'm starting get nervous. Okay, I AM nervous....and agitated and frustrated and probably not a very fun person to be around at the moment. I don't even have a backup plan if I happen to fail and just thinking about it is starting to stress me out again. Actually I kind of do have a backup plan and that's to go through all this shit again if need be. I can't think of any other major that I really want to take and I'm really quite stubborn.

I can do this. "I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and gosh darnit! People like me." They do, people like me, it might be kind of a small number, but I do know that people like me. I just wish this weren't such a competition to get in because someone I know (maybe even me) is bound to get the axe, and that's just depressing. Crap.

I don't think I'm handling this stress thing too well, but I guess not many people do.

No comments: