Friday, May 27

Brace Yourselves!

Oh joy! It's raining in El Paso! and sadly hasn't allowed me to paint the house today. Darn. I'm so upset, I had to play video games to fill up my day and get NOTHING accomplished. It is quite a drastic change from 103 degree weather to 63 degrees. Rather amazing I must say.

Yesterday was very cool because I went shopping with my mom and she likes to pay for things. Okay, maybe not LIKE, but she did it as kind of a birthday gift to me and also because I go to a far away school and I don't mooch off of them too much. So, I got a pretty skirt (Yes, hell HAS frozen over) which is nice, long and flowy and kind of hippyish and couple of hippy shirts to go with it, AND some kickass running shoes (Pumas to be precise). New things always brighten up the day.

What's also cool is that I got to fly my stunt kite yesterday (you know the kind of kites that are attached by two strings instead of just one and you can make it do cool loops and crap, yeah, it kicks ass). Cause nothing brightens up the day like new shit and kite flying.

Damn I'm sleepy, I had to pick up my replacement retainer this morning ($78!) since I've misplaced my other one. I'm sure it's packed up somewhere with all my junk, but since I'm HERE in EP and my junk's THERE in FW I can't look for it very well. Ah, the joys of braces. For those of you that may not know, I had braces on for almost 7 years, the first 5 years I went to a "orthodontist" in Juarez (that's in Mexico, btw). He didn't make my teeth any worse (my teeth were quite jacked so that was pretty hard to do) but braces really shouldn't take longer than 2 (MAYBE 3) years to fix up jacked teeth. I've had three surgeries on my gums (two of which were done in Juarez by my "orthodontist" (insert cringe here) and were much more painful than the one I had done in the States by my perodontist (a gum professional, NOT some guy who xeroxed his "diploma" and used white out and scribbled his name on it). Why did my parents send me to some guy in Mexico? because they're cheap (for good reason, they've never been rich (except for having me as a daughter (insert gag here)) so that this sounded like good "deal". Which means I have some half trained "doctor" repeatedly sticking his hands in my mouth and I have to wait to get across the damn bridge every time we go over to J-town. International travelling? Not so fun). Why did I put up with it? because I had no choice really, my teeth were really bad and this was the only option I was really given. As one can guess though, since I ended up going to a real orthodontist in the end, it wasn't very cheap. So maybe spending $78 dollars on a retainer is worth it.

...Now only if I'd wear it...

No comments: