Saturday, April 30

Get a grip. GET A GRIP!...nice grip

Alright, alright, alright, ALRIGHT ALREADY! I'm finally making a real post again. Too much crap to do, and while I really haven't done that much today, I've been exceedingly lazy. This is the last real week though folks. On Friday I either make it or break it, on Friday is the midpoint review which will decide my fate in the Comm. Design program. I have to get a lot of shit done by Friday and what am I doing? I tell you what I'm doing, I'm not doing a damn thing at the moment. I just got done watching Pulp Fiction. Well, I watched most of it, I was thawing out a chicken filet and cooking it in the middle (yeah, that's right, I cooked, and it was damn good too) so I missed the details in a few parts, but it was the first time I've actually seen the "whole" movie.

I cleaned out my car today....it'll be filled with crap again soon enough though. I really don't want to have to pack up all my stuff. It's not that much, but it's still a pain in the butt. Le sigh. I'm actually very wide awake right now, but since I'm not in my dorm room at the moment (I'm "house sitting" my mf's apartment while he's out of town on gigs (which really means I'm watching TV and eating the little bit of food he has left in his place. mmmm......chicken)) I can't think of anything else I can do. I've already mounted my stuff that's due Monday because I needed it for my interview that I had yesterday.

Ah yes, the interview with Yukon Advanced Optics. I believe I did rather well, and it sounded like the guy was willing to offer me a job after they moved their base of operations at the end of May (it was a really small suite and they wouldn't have had any room for me right away, which from seeing how everyone was stationed was quite believable) IF I was still interested and hadn't gotten another job or something. At least I hope I interpretted that right, I've been known to make up stuff before, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't get the job. It would be nice to get the experience though (while getting paid, if even not THAT much).

SO.....I believe I've finally decided on a final mark (logo for the non comm design readers, though logo is TECHNICALLY a specific type of mark I won't go into the details) to do my letterhead, business card, and envelope design. Right. I sure as hell hope I can make it through the review Friday, I'll find out next Monday so that'll be a fun few days. I can't believe that summer is almost upon us, and I must say that this has been one very cool year. I hope I have many more as fruitful as this one even with all the drama, this has to be one of the best years of my "existence". (I put "existence" in quotes because I have this running theory that I have been reincarnated so I am actually older than I seem to be, and this is why I have an uncanny knowledge of old cartoons that I SHOULDN'T know, and why I enjoy Nick at Nite and the Oldies station so very, very much. Not to mention my attraction to a particular "older" man who has been deemed "manfriend"(I seem to have gotten off topic, I don't even recall what my topic was. Oh yeah, good year) Right.)

ALRIGHT, move it along shall we?!

(You really need to stop talking to yourself. Stop, right now. Now. I said shutup already! People are gonna think you're crazy you know. Think silently. Don't mumble to yourself.) One more real week, two more technically. The higher functions of my brain (HAH) have decided to go on strike. (I said stop talking to yourself. You don't ever listen do you? Why am I explaining things to myself, I already know it if I'm explaining to MYSELF, yet I do it anyways.)

Move along people, there's nothing left to see here.....well, except that......what is that? Eww, it just moved.....and is it, is it growing?

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: