Okay, it's a little late for a "Happy Valentine's Day" but I'll say it anyways, "Happy Valentine's Day". I've been exceedingly tired today, I'm not really sure why, I'm actually more awake now than I've been most of the day. Nothing too interesting going on today, and yesterday I was fortunate enough to spend the day with my mf. It's not very often where we both have a whole day off that coincides with one another, so that was a nice change for visiting once.
I just got finished with doing some more brainstorming for my damn poster, but I think I may have come across something viable, "a smidgen of diamond" as my teacher would say. Actually I don't think he's ever said smidgen, but in my translation he does. I came up with the idea of Lou Reed "unveiling" the truth, or showing the "naked" side of human nature. I'm not sure what image could be unveiled though, it's hard to stay simple sometimes (actually most of the time). That idea also lead to an image of a mask to kind of show the figurative masks that everyone has at some level, you know levels. There's levels to everything, or tiers, like tiers of tiredness. Stuff like that. I want to involve typography that resembles my scanned arm, I want that element in my poster somewhere, but I can let it go if it really doesn't fit, but I will make it fit.
I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, if anyone can come up with a useful poster suggestion (note the word "useful") I'll be happy to hear it, read it, whatever. I think I'll be heading to bed soon, get some decent sleep for tomorrow, for tomorrow I will have to finish up AT LEAST 15 thumbnails for my poster, hopefully I can come up with more, I want lots of diamonds to choose from, lots of different cuts, and all of very high quality. I think someone needs to buy me jewelry (that I'd hardly ever wear for fear of losing it). ;P
Tuesday, February 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reading your post made me think maybe of a mirror thats shattered and cracked, because looking into the mirror you see things you dont always want to see... that could be a way of revealing something. Just a thunk
Post a Comment