So, this has been a fairly tiring week. I had my first publication project due on Wed. and with having such a short amount of time for this project and having to finish two designs for it, I wasn't as ahead on it as I normally like to be. Fortunately though, with my shiny new printer, the production end of this project wasn't nearly as stressful as it has been in the past. I like my printer lots.
Hmm...so what else? I tripped and fell trying to catch the bus on Tues because I was trying to run carrying my giant portfolio. All I hurt was my ego really, and the fact that the bus did stop for me I got to go on that trip after all these people seeing me almost do a face plant in the grass just moments before. So that's fun.
I've also decided NOT to enter work into the visual communications show because it was expensive unless you entered EVERYTHING you have and I don't think my work (apart from one or two pieces) is quite strong enough to be really worth it. So I said, "The heck with it!" or something to that effect.
I've got a test in Art History tomorrow and for some reason it's all written which baffles me because the class is so huge. Maybe the professor just feels like killing her TAs with ridiculous amounts of reading and grading. I don't know. So hopefully that will go well. I don't like this prof much, she doesn't really seem to know what she's talking about, but what's more annoying are the people bitching about all through class and complaining about memorizing about 40 names and artists for the test. It's art history, mostly it's memorizing old art, quit yer whining, it's not going to change anything. Plus I'm also annoyed by the fact that I'm complaining about other people complaining, but...whatever.
So...stuff, things, and all that jazz. I'm starting to get some cool drawings out of my figure drawing class, except we haven't had a woman model for a while, and we keep getting the same models over and over. The point of this class is to know how to observe and draw DIFFERENT kinds of people and not the dude with the big white beard over and over again. Oh well, hopefully we'll get some new people next week.
Anywho, I'm going to head to bed now since I don't have to finish up projects at ungodly hours in the morning and maybe get four hours of sleep like was happening earlier this week. Sleep is good.
Friday, February 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment