Monday, February 13

Just Another Brick In the Wall

Ah, hot tea and a starcrunch, what could be better? It'd be nice if I didn't have to go to work in the morning, but you can't have everything I guess. I haven't done a whole lot tonight, went to the store earlier and I could not figure out why the grocery was SO busy. But then, as I came to the check out, I saw the various pink and red stuffed animals, bouquets of flowers and the multitude of Valentine's Day cards. Then I thought "Ah, all the people who have thought ahead." See, I've already given my boyfriend a somewhat cheesy burned CD (I would have made a mixed tape if I happened to have a stereo with a tape deck) and the CD would have been really bad, but I did pick out songs that I genuinely like and not just mushy crap I could find free downloads online for.

I don't get to do anything very romantic tomorrow night, that'll have to wait till the weekend. Bf's got a concert tomorrow night and I've got class and work all day, plus a test in my night class. OH THE JOY! I'm not too worried about the test though, it doesn't require strict memorization of dates or anything, and I feel fairly comfortable with the material we've covered, just need to refresh my mind a bit.

I've gotten Boscoe a perch that attaches to the top of his cage now, so hopefully once he gets UNafraid of it he can spend more time out without me having to pay so close attention to him for fear of getting bird shit everywhere. So all in all it's just another brick in the wall...or something like that.

The best song I've heard so far from Pink Floyd is "Alan's Psychadelic Breakfast", which is...a guy eating breakfast with some musical undertones that goes on for about 13 minutes. Genius. But really folks Dark Side of the Moon is an excellent album, but the "Breakfast" song is on the Atom Heart Mother album, just in case you're interested.

I guess maybe I should study a bit more before heading off to bed. Happy Almost Valentine's Day!

No comments: