Wednesday, January 4

New Year, No Resolve

New year, new posts, but pretty much the same old stuff. I got back home yesterday after driving for 10 HOURS! Bleck, I didn't even change states. I just wish I weren't sick, cause I felt like I had to sneeze the whole which is a very uncomfortable feeling. Oh well, I made it one piece, and Boscoe faired well through the trip.

So I had a really nice visit with my parents and the rest of the family, I wish I could have stayed longer, but alas work and the need to make money so I can pay for stuff like rent. I got a really cool digital camera from my folks, so that's pretty sweet and an MP3 player that I have to fiddle with and figure out, but once I do it'll be cool. Got some kitchen stuff as well, always good to have and some other fairly random, but cool, gifts.

Boscoe did have a near death experience, though I don't think he realizes it. It was my fault (but we'll blame my dad) cause I brought him outside of my room where's he's been holed up to keep other carniverous critters away and casually walk into the living room. Boscoe's being good and just hanging out my shoulder and I sat down on the couch to hang out with my parents. My dad sneezes, very loudly, and all hell breaks loose. Boscoe takes off and flutters down to the ground. The dog, who I seemed to be sleeping or dozing at least, takes off after the bird. My parents leap to stop the dog and I run to fetch the bird. I see feathers all about on the floor. I thought Boscoe's wing was chomped off for a few seconds, but don't stop long enough to check it out because I'm trying to get him AWAY from the dog. I find out shortly after that Boscoe is intact and not hurt, but is no longer in possession of any tail feathers. Now he falls faster and can't steer. Birdy does not seem traumatized and my parents come by after putting the dog outside and we all share in a nervous laughter of relief, quite happy that the dog DID NOT eat the bird. I was quite unaware the dog could move that fast, or my parents for that matter, but am glad they did.

Poor Boscoe birdy. Though he does seem fine attitude wise, and now it's easier for him to turn around in his cage. I don't know how I end up with all the tailless pets.

ANYWAYS, I'm back now, and I just got back from a DSVC (Dallas Society of Visual Communications) meeting with roomy and a friend and we had a whole misadventure trying to find the after party. Though we weren't missing much though, because when we FINALLY did arrive we left to get something to eat 5 minutes later. It was a "special" night and even trying to get home we had some misdirection. I was just glad I wasn't driving after going 600 miles yesterday.

Oh yes, and did I mention I have a "new" car now!? My dad suggested that we swap cars since mine keeps breaking down and this one hopefully shouldn't. That's the plan anyways, I'm sure I'll jinx up the car sooner or later though. Unfortunately it has absolutely no cargo space because it's kind of a sporty little thing that "technically" has a back seat but no one can really sit back there because there's nowhere to put your legs. Oh well, I don't drive people around much anyways and Boscoe's cage fits back there at least. It does go pretty fast, which is kind of cool, but I don't have a whole lot of use for that. I'm just going to be happy if it doesn't break down or need something fixed every two months.

So there's the long post to make up for all the lack of posting over the break. Hopefully I'll think up more stories to share, but I really need to get to bed now. Night all.

No comments: