Okay, so now I'm officially tired of the guy I work with asking me to work extra. I have repeatedly said, "I have homework, I don't have the time, I would if I could, but I seriously REALLY don't have the time." It seems like he asks just about everyday, and I have to keep repeating this same answer. Full time student, part-time emloyee. It's not my fault the company can't afford to hire a full-time graphics person.
What really ticked me off today is that now he wants me to redo this cartoon/illustration (things you shouldn't do around a gas container filled with flammable/combustible gas). The drawing I had already done was essentially a copy out of this other book, but since we're not paying or asking for rights to use the similar character I drew, so now he wants the cartoon to be different...but the same. Now I draw fairly well, but that's like still life's and things, something I can LOOK at, while cartoons seem simple they are much harder than they seem. Oh, did I mention he wants this NOW! Well, he is giving me tomorrow...like that means anything. I'm not a professional illustrator and even professional illustrators are given more time than this. I don't draw cartoons much, so it's not going to look good. I'm a graphics person, I know how to do crap on the computer quick, but illustration (creating a damn character!) is another story. Sure, given time I could do a decent job, but he keeps talking like, "Well, just do this," and then my argument is, "This guy won't look different enough so what's the point if that is ALL I do, and if it's so easy why don't you do it." Well, I didn't say that last part, and I know it's work, but even work shouldn't have this much aggro.
"Well, couldn't you work on it tonight?" No! No! I have school now! I have homework! and I have to type in my stupid blog so I can vent! I no longer have the luxury of EXTRA time until another holiday comes about, and until school ends. How many times do I have to say that? You can work at home because you don't have other work other than WORK! I. Go. To. School. Now.
Did I mention the semester started? and it's only the second week and I'm already quite tired? Okay, enough venting. I feel a bit better now.
Did I also mention I have a kickass printer? Because I do have one you know, and it kicks mucho ass. It's already being put to work in helping me with my layout designs and I like it so very, very much.
Speaking of layout designs, I better get back to work. I still have 5 left to do. Adios.
Thursday, January 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment