Tuesday, January 10

Coco Nutty Crack!

So, this weekend was sort of interesting I suppose (and yes I realize it's Tuesday now). Probably the most exciting thing I did was break into the "easy break" coconut I got at the grocery store. "Easy break" my ass, that took a few sessions of focused pounding trying to get it to crack like it was so "easily" supposed to, and didn't. Then I tried to do what this lady did. Not as simple as she makes it appear. I finally decided to just drain out the coconut milk so that when I did crack it open it wouldn't be too messy. That took a while in itself trying to pry hole through the "eyes" of the coconut. Now I was free to hammer the crap out of it since the whole "hitting with the blunt side of a knife" wasn't working to well for me. Suprisingly it cracked rather quickly after that, maybe the combination of pounding the damn thing with the knife earlier and then taking out the juice made it that much more possible.

So now I have coconut...and I don't think I like coconut enough to finish it all. At least it was entertaining for a time. If it weren't for the coconut all I would have accomplished is playing "Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando" (since I have now defeated plain ol' "Ratchet and Clank") and watched the Steelers defeat the Bengals.

Usually I don't really care about football, but since my bf is a big Steelers fan and I haven't seen him for over 3 weeks now, I felt more inclined to watch and ACTUALLY pay attention.

I figured out how to use my MP3 player last night, now the challenge will be to actually get MP3's on there that I like. Thing is I like buying CDs still, I'm not into the whole "buying a CD or a couple of songs online" crap. I like having the physical thing, and the cover. I'm a graphic designer and CD covers are one of the few things where graphic design can be mostly "artistic" and doesn't have to communicate any more than the band's name. So yeah, stuff and things.

Work is allowing me to become a Photoshop master because apparently the pictures taken can never have ALL the parts that need to be in the shot, or the part is there, but it needs a different label on it within the picture. So I'm kind of proud that I'm getting better at that kind of stuff, hopefully it'll come in handy with school projects. Too bad the overall design for this stuff isn't all that great, but it does work. Maybe I'll be able to do a design mostly from scratch sometime and not have to follow someone else's crappy design.

Anyways, I'm going to go...and do...something? maybe? kindasorta? I really don't have anything to do, and I've recently realized that I need to buy books and supplies and I don't have my debit or credit card...and I really don't want to carry around that much cash. Crap. I'll figure something out I suppose.

No comments: