So, I've posted up some drawings from my figure drawing class (be warned, the cretacolor one is a fully nude woman). I've put up my favorites from each of the three media we've worked with so far, thought it might be fun to share.
I just finished doing the charcoal one earlier tonight, we had to do an outside drawing exemplifying "nocturnal lighting". Which can be very vague and doesn't need to show a lightsource directly. I kind of don't care to follow the assignment to the letter anyways because...my teacher kind of irritates me. She can't give us the assignment over the weekend (she sort of talks about it, but specifically says to not start on it this weekend), but it's due this Wednesday. Which isn't really much time at all if you want to get someone to sit still for you so that you can draw (fortunately we don't have to find people willing to shed their clothes for this outside project). So I get bf to pose for a short while so I can snap shots to use for later because I don't have just a person around with at least an hour to spend sitting still so I can draw them tonight or tomorrow. I'd feel worse about taking pictures (it's sort of cheating, it kind of takes the mental factor out of transforming something 3 dimensional to something 2 dimensional because the picture does that for you), but she's basically given me no time. Over the weekend I probably could have gotten someone to sit still for me, but not on a Monday or a Tuesday, especially when I'm living by myself now. So, kind of annoying, but I like what I've drawn so far. I'm not really worried, just annoyed.
Yeah, my figure drawing TA is a nice lady, but man, she always kind of talks to us like we're in Middle School or something. I guess that's what happens after being an art teacher for quite a few years. She's way to structured for an advanced art class, beginning level lots of structure is okay, but by this point...you know.
Okay, I'll stop bitching about that, just wasn't having fun drawing in class today. Was having fun drawing at home, but not in class. Oh, and the TA whistles to the radio...very badly. Apparently I've been getting annoyed easily. Oh well.
I had to attend a meeting at work today with some guy trying to sell a Vivo! label printer. I think it has the most atrocious logo I may have ever encountered, and the printer is purple. Of all colors, purple? On a printer? Blech. So that was interesting, but not really. I was having a hard time not laughing out loud at the horribly cheesy presentation video. I don't see how I was the only one who thought it was funny, unless everyone else was sleeping, I don't know. I was also really aware of all the charcoal stuck to my hands from drawing before and how I looked like chimney sweep from Mary Poppins (I did manage to get all the smudges off my face before going to work, which is a good thing).
I'm going ramble off into nothing soon now. I'm going to get some late night munchies and head to bed soon. Night all.
Monday, July 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment