Did you know that Texas is hot? Because it is, especially this past week. I felt awful riding my bike back from class today. With the heat and the exertion of riding uphill and being a bit hungry I was real "shaky" for about 30 minutes (sitting in air conditioning and eating lunch made me feel much better after that). I felt so gross and sweaty for the rest of the day. Thank god for showers.
Boscoe kind of just pissed me off before, I had him hanging out on my shoulder before and my hand ends brushing his tail and he ends up attacking my face and biting my lip. Needless to say he's in his cage now. It's just weird because he's been so good and calm all day, I didn't think he'd get agitated so quickly before. I don't think I'll ever understand bird behavior. Pretty good at understanding cats (dogs sorta, my parents dog kind of has a cat attitude), but birds? so far make very little sense to me. Especially Boscoe the Magnificent! (or should I say Boscoe the Grouch?)
Anyways, still drawing naked people. (Drew some very badly proportioned hands earlier. Off day I guess.) Still doing computer crap at work. I was getting quite frustrated with the barcode program earlier (I really hate that I'm in charge of putting actual barcodes on the stuff I'm doing, I'm bound to screw something up). It wasn't putting the right last number in the barcode, even though it said that was the "input" I put in, it would show up as the number I typed in. Makes no sense to me.
I had to explain how to officially place packaging/products/literature into the purchasing database to my coworker earlier. Which, I don't completely understand the process myself, so I wasn't very good at explaining it...I just know what I'm supposed to do and I don't really care what happens to this stuff afterwards because that's whole big pile crap I don't want to deal with. So as long as I get my end done correctly, I don't need to know what happens beyond. My coworker, on the other hand, DOES want to know all the why's and why not's of this stuff, which, is fine, but I can't really help her out. I don't feel like restructuring a whole 20 or 30 years worth of files and data to get it to work better with the computer system. Some of the organization doesn't really make much sense at times, but the company is still running so it can't be too horrible. I also don't feel it's the Graphic's Intern's (me) or Temp Technical Writer's (her, the coworker) problem or job to deal with or worry about. Why fight the system?
I don't know what any of that has to do with anything, I just felt like sharing that my coworker is uber obsessed with trying to reorganize and restructure lots of stuff that isn't even directly dealing with graphics and literature crap (and believe me, we have enough to worry about there). Whatever, as long as I don't get dragged into doing something else I'm not really qualified for I'll be happy.
I'm tired and I'm off to bed.
Wednesday, July 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment