Thursday, March 2

Burns In My Blood

I think it's always good to have massive files that take much time to save in general and up to 20 minutes to burn to CD. My computer probably has a semi-slow burn rate, but 20 minutes to burn a CD means you got a lot of stuff going on that thing. Maybe RW CDs are little bit more finicky as well, I don't really know, and I don't really care that much. As long as it saves without corrupting any files all will be well.

So, my Pink Floyd stuff (the files which I am burning for backup incase my computer decides to fizzle out (I've had a few issues with it lately)) is turning out well, I'm actually on track and turning out work that I actually like AND that other people like as well. It's a nice feeling. Now I just need to iron details, which can be very time consuming, but it's nice to actually see something looking fairly finished and I still have a week to polish up stuff before it's due. Makes me feel good, let's me know all my hours spent working on this thing have actually been productive ones and not just thrown out ideas and executions of said ideas.

I also donated blood today and now my arm kind of hurts like a mother. Well, it's better now, but still very tender. I don't remember it hurting quite as much last time. It also doesn't help that they liked my right arm more this time (I'm right-handed) so I think it's also more annoying because I'm having to do some things (like lifting sort of heavy stuff) with my left hand that I would normally do right handed, or receive another painful reminder that I got poked in the arm with a large needle earlier today. I've felt fine otherwise, no dizzyness or nauseousness, so I guess all that's well and good. Plus, the feeling that I could be helping someone out by donating blood is always nice.

Ooh, only 2 minutes left in the CD buring process. I better get to bed soon, Boscoe's getting squawky (like he gets every night). I'm really trying hard to NOT pay attention to him when he does that, cause that reinforces that bad behavior, but it's not chaning things very quickly.

Oh joy of joys, my CD's done burning! Now I shall feast and sleep.

No comments: