I can't really decide what I want to do for the summer. I went to a meeting about internships and the prof who's in charge of delegating these things saw some of my comments on the VENT forum about my current job and suggested that I might try and intern at an actual design firm because he thought it would be a better learning experience, and I wouldn't just be flying by the seat of my pants trying to figure stuff out.
So I don't know, my original plan was to maybe getting an internship credit for working where I'm at right now, but I'm not sure that the prof would approve because I'm not "designing" really. Though if I kept this job I could take a couple of normal summer school classes so that my last two semesters wouldn't get me too bogged down. My remaining classes have to be "advanced" to fulfill my graduation requirements and quite a few are electives...which is good and bad. The classes tend to be cooler, but it's harder to create a "neat" schedule because there aren't as many options for times or types of classes.
In any case, I'd really like to be able to get two credits done with this summer and a different internship might be cool (it would probably be more interesting then where I'm at now), but I'm sure I'd take a pay cut...it's also taking a bit more of a risk, because after the summer is over I'm out of a job again and would need to start hunting for the next semester. Though I'd also like to take normal art classes over the summer because that would be fun too...and would get me out of the whole "design" slump for a little while.
My original plan sounds easier, but I don't know if that's better. It's hard for me to just go on a whim so much, but I know I don't want to be doing something like my current job forever and I wonder if scouting out another internship will help me find a better job once I'm out of school.
Dude, decisions suck sometimes.
Wednesday, March 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment