Saturday, March 25

Avian Vet Visit

So, I got to take Boscoe to his first doctor visit since he's been in my care. He hurt his foot yesterday while I was in class and I noticed him limping around in his cage, quite pathetic looking. So today I was able to find an avian vet and find out that he hadn't broken anything, just sprained his ankle basically, and he got a little cortizone shot to help with swelling and now he's already running and climbing about his cage again almost back to normal.

I always hate it when pets get hurt because you can't ask them what hurts, how much it hurts, etc. So I guess it's always good to take extra precaution and I feel much better now after taking him to the vet. I also think he's doing much better after getting that shot then he would have been if I just tried to wait a few days. All is well though now, and the vet visit wasn't too expensive (about 70 bucks) which helps.

I really need to get more homework done, tomorrow I have to be more focused for sure, but hopefully I can get myself to get a little more done tonight. I watched the movie "SE7EN" before, rather disturbing. Glad I watched it on TNT and not a movie channel though, because I'm sure I was spared a few of the extra gory scenes by it being on cable tv. It was a good movie though, and the opening credits from a typographic (aka "nerdy") standpoint were very cool.

I should get back to work, I'm getting too much in the habit of procrastinating and that's not good.

No comments: