Tuesday, March 14

This is NOT What I'm Going to School For.

I think I need therapy, I need to vent and all sorts of crap off my chests without putting unnecessary baggage onto friends and the like. I've really tired of school, just thinking about it makes me tired. Except right now is Spring Break, and now that I'm not so busy I think about the stuff I still have to do...and it depresses me a little.

I really hate it when my boss says (like he did yesterday), "See this is what you're going to school for, you'll be ahead of the game when you graduate having worked here." I then think to myself, I hope to all that is holy that this isn't what I'm going to school for. There is hardly any thinking required at my job, I'm just putting crap together in programs that not a whole lot of people know how to use. I'm not really designing, sure I actually take the time to align stuff and TRY to make stuff look pretty good, but I'm just following some formula they have set up for me to create stuff. All I'm doing is computer work, not designing, which is kind of nice sometimes, but just these couple of days where I've actually gone through 8 hours of this, it's mind numbing! I then get worried that I will get stuck in a job like this because maybe I'm not good enough to get work with a design firm or perhaps even do design freelance (that's what I'd REALLY like to do).

Perhaps what's more irritating is the fact that someone always has to try and make something "better" or one person doesn't like that image, so now we have to find a new one. I think the phrase "too many chiefs, not enough Indians" applies here. Almost makes me want to go back to Dominos, and if it weren't for the $11/hour I probably would go back to delivering pizzas.

Now that I've bitched about that, I am excited that I'm actually learning how to use Adobe GoLive, so maybe in the near future I can have a semi-cool website to share with ya'll. Hopefully I'll learn enough to actually do a good job on the website I'm supposed to do for my Anthropology class as well. Motivation is the key I suppose.

I think I've drug myself out of my mopiness now. Blogs are nice place to vent. I better get me some dinner now, toodles.

No comments: