Well, I was going to get started on my essay for Art History class, but I don't know what I did with my sketchbook with all my notes from the museum at the moment. I know I have it somewhere, I just don't really want to find it. I think it's in my car, but I just took a shower and it's cold outside and with wet hair I'm not going outside for some time. So my procrastination begins.
Yesterday was cool, my computer class got to meet some artists at the Art Prostitute gallery at their "3's a Crowd" show (www.artprostitute.com) . These guys had some cool shit, all had their own unique styles of art and all were just amazing! I can't believe the stylization and detail that went into some of their pieces. It was fantastic to look at some current artists (a couple of which started out doing graffiti art, and these guys did more than just tagging their name on the side of building, but it's hard to get recognition for "vandalism") it was refreshing since I've been so bogged down with an excess number of thumbnails and other crap for my classes. The show helped me get a little different perspective on the work that I do for class, which is always helpful.
So just a little critique on each of these artists: Bask does street and fine art, all of his supplies are found (even the paint) and he uses corporate logos and figures a lot within his work. He uses these logos to make social commentary on just how recognizable many of these figures are. Every logo in his art is hand painted (and destroyed) by him, it's amazing how meticuluous he'll render some things and then "age" it. www.baskinyourthoughtcrimes.com
Tom Thewes does mostly air brush work with some spray paint as well. Thewes work is influenced by deconstructivism art, abstracting figures with sharp angles, he also uses found objects for stencils in some pieces. Super heroes are depicted in his work (which I find very cool) and done very stylistically. (Sorry I don't have a link for him).
Tes One is the 3rd artist in the crowd. He started off as a graffiti artist and has that influence in his work. Clean lines, bold colors, and exquisite design, with a kind of "techno-organic" theme. http://www.tesone.net/
I know I may sound like a nerd, but looking at all of these guys' work helped revive me in my "artistic vision" yesterday, and sorry for writing the third grade essay up above. Not the most fun reading I'm sure. So back to more stupidity and unart-related things. Recently I have been made aware of Foamy the Squirrel. Demented? Yes. Stupid? Yes. Offensive? Potentially. Vulgar? Most definitely. Funny? If the other categories I have just listed don't bother you then I would have to say yes. To visit Foamy and see for yourself go to www.illwillpress.com . That's some funny, weird shit. Be warned! it is severely demented (almost put severly, please don't chop off a limb or anything).
Alright now....I think I have wasted enough of everyone's time for now, but I shall return! With a bagel.....and some cream cheese.
Friday, November 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FEAR MY SQUIRRLY WRATH!!!!!!... or i'll color you bleue.
Post a Comment