Tuesday, November 30

Long Ass Thing About Thanksgiving

Well, another fun day coming to a close. This weekend was really quite fun. Thanksgiving day I had dinner with the whole fam damnily at my brother's in-law's, and there was a shitload of food. I think everyone could of eaten 3 more meals from what was leftover, but damn it was good. No serious confrontations with the sibs or anything, so I guess that's a good thing. I really have a strange family, but I guess I follow suit because I usually avoid all confrontation as well. I suppose things will become resolved sooner or later.

After Thanksgiving and shootin' the shit with everyone, me and my parents spent the night at my sis' house and 8 o'clock the next morning we were on the road to Ohideo. I drove almost half the time that day and pointed out silly things that my mom would say along the trip (too many to count and my brain's turning to mush again so I can't even remember an example at the moment). We drove until 12:30 where we stopped in Greencastle, Indiana (a little west of Indianapolis, go look at a map, cause that's pretty damn far.) Surprisingly I was able to sleep through my dad's horrendous snoring (with the aid of earplugs) until it was time to rise for our final leg of the journey to the "edge of the world".

With only about 4 hours left in the trip we didn't have too bad a day driving Saturday, my dad drove all of that since he knew the state roads MUCH better than I do, I didn't want to get blamed for getting us lost or missing a turn somewhere. "and finally I arrived at the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn!" Sorry, a little lapse into Weird Al, and yes, I know I'm a nerd. Well, we did arrive at Mercer County and visited my grandparents grave (and took a pic of their tombstone for my typography assignment, a little morbid, but kind of interesting) and then proceeded over to my maternal grandparents abode. A little sad because my Grandpa is SO skinny, he weighs less than I do (and I think everyone knows that I'm a toothpick) but his spirits seemed to be up and that was comforting. We visited for a while, but we had to get going to make it to my cousin Dennis' wedding (one of the many cousins I don't really know at all, because I live so far away and they are all considerably older than me....kind of like my manfriend). So we went to mass/wedding (most Catholic weddings are done with a mass) and then went to the reception where I took pics (my dad put me in charge cause he takes pretty bad pics for the most part) and visited with my aunts and uncles. It was really quite fun and got to talk to some relatives that I never really knew, kind of cool. (Oh, and to put the cousin thing in perspective, I believe I have about 30 cousins altogether, and if they weren't really close to my own age, I never saw them.) I did get a really cute picture of my mom doing the twist, and it was really funny seeing her try to do the chicken dance and the hokey pokey, ah good times.

That night ended fairly late and it was nice to not have to worry about getting up the next morning too early. (We stayed at my Uncle Allen and Aunt Pepper's house, which happens to be my grandparents old house (and I'm quite certain I've lost everyone at this point)). So the next morning my Uncle Ron and Aunt Connie came over to visit with my dad before they left back to Pennsylvania (ever hear about the bear in the bar in billings?) So...um yeah. Well, later we went to my grandparents where my mom's brother (Ronnie, not to be confused with my dad's brother Ron) and his wife, Cindy and son, Dylan were visiting as well. We watched the Bengals vs. Browns game (the second highest scoring game in football history, not much of a defensive game) and had some lunch. Got some more good visiting done, AND my Grandma gave me scarf that she crochetted, very cool.

Then comes the night where I get no sleep because my dad's snoring like a lumberjack and my earplugs are hurting my ears and since I had to get up at 4 (3 central) in the morning to catch my flight at 6:30 leaving my with only a couple hours sleep. Well, my parents said that Dayton isn't too busy, so our late departure from the house and the hour drive would be okay. So I trust in their greater wisdom, and arrive at the airport with no time to spare and a security check line that was long as hell. I saw the plane I was supposed to be on, but I wasn't on it. So among great frustration and calling back and forth between my parents (who hadn't left Dayton yet) and my manfriend (who was to pick me up at DFW) I finally got onto another flight. By this time it was hopeless for me to arrive early enough to make any of my classes so I just stopped worrying about it. I arrived at DFW at about 2:30 and was exhausted, spent some time with my manfriend, took a 2 hour nap, and then went home to my wonderous dorm at a decent time.

Finally, I arrive at today, where it is freakin' freezing outside. Went to my morning class, I have barely a clue as to what I'm doing in there, stupid class. Then me and my friend, Lisha, went to the cemetary to take pictures of typefaces (really quite interesting) and froze our ASSES OFF! I think I'm getting sick (the lack of sleep and stress yesterday was a downer to my immune system I believe) so I think I'll go to bed shortly. Wish me luck, I only have a couple more weeks of school, I think I'll survive.

must. finish. projects.

No comments: