Saturday, June 3

Moved In!

So yay! I'm all moved into my new aparment and everything seems to be looking pretty good. I should be getting a TV soon (on loan, why buy one if I don't have to?) so that I can periodically veg out over the summer. I have quite a few projects I'm hoping to get done over the summer and as long as I don't have too much homework from my summer classes (well, I'm only taking two and only ONE at a time) it shouldn't be too much of a problem...that is as long as I stay motivated.

Boscoe is sort of adjusting, right now he's going through this phase where he LOVES the ceiling fan. Why? Reason #1: It's up high and he feels like bird and gets to excercise his full grown wings. Reason #2 (the real reason this is a pain in the ass): is that he has discovered his own reflection in the shiny fake gold base of the fan. At first this was cute because he would still come onto my hand and be a good little bird. NOW he's turned into a shit head every time he goes up there and repeatedly flies off my hand back onto the fan AND bites the crap out of my hands when I resort to taking him down the mean way (putting my hand around him and essentially GRABBING him), which results in a very not fun time for both of us.

For the time being I have either taken him out while in the closet (I have only one closet, but it is quite large) and have covered up the shiny part of the fan so that he doesn't get obsessive over his reflection when he does fly up there. This is working fairly well, but sadly I think I'm going to have to get his wings clipped which would solve the problem of him even being able to get up to the fan. I haven't wanted to get his wings clipped because I had a parakeet a while back who was quite friendly and liked coming outside with me, until my mom's friend (who had birds of her own) clipped his wings for us. After the clipping he was terrified of hands and would never come out of his cage afterwards...and I really don't want to risk that with Boscoe, but the first time he got so adamant about staying up on that damn fan I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to get him down. Sure he'd get hungry or thirsty after a while and PROBABLY would have come down himself, but then he'd get even cockier than he is now and probably even harder to handle if he thinks HE can be in charge and be the Top Dog (or bird in this case).

So that's fun I suppose. I did buy a couple chairs and an end table today, so that's exciting. Stuff for the apartment! I think I'm going to really REALLY like having my own place. Sure I'll get bored or lonely from time to time, but that's why I've got Boscoe to squawk at me and keep me occupied.

Okay, now here's the X3 rant I've been holding off on.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!









Are you ready?









You sure?









Turn back if you haven't watched the movie yet!














I'm going to give just about everything away!















Did they really have to kill EVERYBODY! Why?! Why did they have to kill Professor X, was it really necessary? Not only did they kill him, he was DISINTEGRATED! ATOMIZED! BLASTED INTO A MILLION TINY PIECES! WHAT THE HELL! It's Professor Fucking X! You can't kill him, how can even come back from that. Now they can't even bring him back in any sort of reasonable manner if someone changes their mind and wants to make another movie!

Okay, that's probably why I'm most upset, because with Professor X DEAD, the X-Men movies are pretty much done. Finito. End of story. I don't want the movies to be over! And if it weren't the fact that they had the Beast in there, played gloriously by Kelsey Grammer (perfect casting, it makes me happy), I might have really not liked the movie at all. It was a good movie, but come on, they killed Professor X!

Also, what was the deal with how Cyclops died? Jean, no wait the PHOENIX, killed him within the first 10 minutes of the movie! James Marsden just plays some heart-broken widower with Jean speaking in his head and then he's dead. No one even seemed to care, Storm and Wolverine find Jean and all of a sudden they don't even care in the least where Cyclops had gone. Wolverine found his glasses just floating around OBVIOUSLY something happened to him, but no one cared.

Now, the only death I'm even sort of okay with is Jean/Phoenix, it was sad, tragic, and towards the end of the movie. A good death scene in my opinion. But I have to wonder, did Prof X and Cyclops die JUST to give Halle Berry a bigger role? Because she doesn't really need a bigger role, she's not a great actress and she had a decent role to begin with. Plus she doesn't deserve to be in charge of the whole damn school. Storm didn't even care about why Rogue would want to NOT be a mutant anymore.

There's another big stink, the whole Rogue-not-being-able-to-touch-anyone and now all of a sudden having the chance to have that change. I think if Bryan Singer were still the director he would have played up the emotional charge in that much more. And the fact that he traded over to do the damn Superman movie kind of irritates me, but you know what, I'll probably still go see it and I'll laugh it ends up sucking.

So maybe I'm too involved in the whole X-Men movie thing. A very good movie, everyone who likes the other two should go see it, but I'm very sad that there won't be anymore of the movies. Oh well, at least they had a good run.

Le sigh.

No comments: