Friday, June 9

Card Away!

So...apparantly people don't check ID's anymore to see if you're 21. (As you may or may not know I turned 21 this past Sunday.) I got two drinks on my birthday and bought some Smirnoff just a little while ago...and have not had my ID checked any of those times. Technically the drinks on my birthday were bought for me by various family members, but still some ID should be checked, cause dude, I want to say, "Hey, dude, I'm 21, give me the booze," or something along those lines. Maybe I just exude confidence and I look old or something. Somehow I make all think that I'm 21 or older...or people just don't care much about checking ID's anymore.

Yeah, now I've reached the big 2-1, and have now run out of the real eventful birthdays. I guess I could celebrate bein able to rent a car when I get to 25, and all the new decades (30, 40, 50, and beyond) are pretty eventful. Mostly that's just people making fun of how old you are now. At least I exude confidence, that's something I guess.

Boscoe's still having adventures on the ceiling fan. Sometimes he's really good when he gets out, and sometimes there's frustrations abound. I'm still putting off the whole "wing clipping" thing, but I think that's only way I'm going to get him where he doesn't get into inaccessible areas and causing me much stress in trying to get him back in his cage. It just seems mean though, especially after he's gotten used to having full wings and actually getting pretty good at the whole flying bit.

Things are still going well at the new APT, I'm going to need to get to working on projects though, or I'm going to end up being quite bored (or more so than I've already started to become). At least Boscoe's good at keeping me occupied, except for the fact that he bites, and bites quite hard. Not fun to try and capture him.

My anthropology class on Asian cultures is kind of cool, reading a really interesting ethnography for it at the moment, "A Daughter of Han: The Autobiography of a Chinese Working Woman." Though I need it read before Monday and I still have quite a bit to go, I just have devote more hours than have been this weekend.

Anyways, been 21 for almost a week. Haven't had any wild happenings though and don't really plan to. It's nice to know that I can go into places now that I wasn't able to not too long ago. That way when it IS suggested to go the the "Flying Saucer" I don't have to call it a night right away. Not that I'll be expecting this to happen often, but you know.

No comments: