Wednesday, June 28

Ah...Nothing

Okay, so I haven't been keeping this updated very well as of late, kind of fell out of "blogging fervor" as when first started these shenanagens (I have no idea how to spell that "word"). I did get a "new" monitor though. I say "new" in quotes because it's actually my bf's old monitor, but it's a big flatscreen. So it's bigger yet smaller than my old monitor all in very good ways.

So...I've had the intention of creating a personal website (online portfolio) over the summer, but I haven't done much of anything as of yet and the summer's already halfway over. Probably should get my butt in gear I guess...it's just so easy to NOT do stuff. Plus I don't really know what I want it to look like either, because I haven't been in the Comm Design program for 2 years to do something "concept-free" for a website, especially when I want to use it for showcasing MY stuff. The only vague idea I have going so far is to have something somewhat illustrative and maybe a bit more "fine art" like, but that's a vague idea with little direction so far.

What I really need to do is just focus for a while and brainstorm and sketch up crap so I can find some sort of direction that I like and expand from there...but that requires thinking. Summer time is not the best time for me to be thinking. Which is strange because I am taking a class and I'm working...but not really thinking, not like I was these past two semesters anyways. It's also quite easy to watch TV or play video games. My self-starting ability is a little slow on the gun.

One thing that makes doing projects a bit more difficult is I'm not in a group setting trying to do it. I don't have people to bounce ideas off of or steal ideas from others(sometimes someone else comes up with a great idea for YOUR project...and you can't be too proud to NOT take it). Groups are good, especially when they're on the same page as you in what kind of stuff your trying to think up. It also makes one want to try harder because they give good advice and ideas on helping your project along. You know, constructive criticism.

I'm also lacking in the ability to say anything witty, at the moment I can't seem to make any sort of amusing qwip or remark to entertain the masses or whomever I'm talking to. Yeah, I can't think of anything entertaining to say right now, you'll have to be satisfied with this crap.

Umm...my coworker kind of annoys me. For one, she talks to herself and since we're only aisle apart and in cubicles, I can here her mumblings much of the time. She also tends to sing or hum to herself...and while not the worst singing in the world, it's still quite irksome (ah, so many memories with the word "irksome", such a wonderful and terrible word all at the same time). Perhaps what's more annoying is that many times she talks to me across the aisle and many times without a prelude of saying "Hey Melissa" and asks me a question that I'm not really paying attention to. So then I have to draw myself back in from ignoring her talking to herself to actually paying attention to what she's saying, which, most of the times isn't anything important really and she's just making some random comments. Which, are fine, but I don't tend to idle chit chat at work much and usually don't really care to continue the conversation. I feel a little bad because I was a bit snippy today (wasn't feeling well) when she did that, but also kind of not. I've got mixed feelings on how I feel about her, she's nice enough...I just find her a little irritating, and I've been kind of short on patience lately. Which makes no sense, because I'm not in any sort of rush lately, quite the opposite really.

...I'm not even talking about anything anymore. Nothing has been said since the second paragraph and not much was said there really. I better go read my ethnography now, this Anthro class is over with by next week. Kind of scary.

No comments: