Tuesday, June 20

It's Over

So, the NBA Finals are finally over, unfortunately Dallas lost, but eh...I guess I don't really care when it comes down to it. At least it was a close game and it's somewhat entertaining that Mark Cuban got fined $250,000 after his outbreak from game 5, and then Dirk got fined $5,000 (or something like that) for kicking the ball into the stands and then later kicking a stationary bike. I wish I could afford to get fined that much.

Everything's a little blah right now. Work is work. I got to redraw some pictograms welding dangers/precautions because some that were "drawn" before looked like shit and I couldn't bring myself to use them in something that I was putting together. Looked like someone just scanned in the old drawings and tried a LiveTrace and didn't fix any of the weird things that LiveTrace tends to do like odd curvy lines and jagged edges where a line should be straight.

My class on "Asian Cultures" is kind of cool, but not very engaging, and I think we've only had to stay once for the full two hours out of the nine classes we've had so far. Did I mention there's only one test? I really need to make sure I still pay attention then.

Still trying to keep the swimming thing going. Swam about 1,200 yards within 30 minutes today, only a small fraction of a "real" practice. At least I'm getting it out of my head that I have to wear myself out everytime I go workout. By doing this it's quite a bit easier to motivate myself to go swim because it isn't going to take forever and I won't be completely exhausted afterwards.

Man, I'm not in a very good mood right now, I don't think I'm busy enough. I've become such a loner now (well, I've always tended more to the loner side of the spectrum I suppose) because I never have time during the regular semester to keep up much of a social life and now I don't know what to do with myself. I get myself to go swimming, but that's not a very social activity unless you're on the "swim team", and I mostly just sit in my cube all day work. Kind of boring. I guess it's just getting to me at the moment and feeling a small surge of self-pity.

I'm also kind of bummed that I can't buy Boscoe a new cage just yet, I think I'll be able to after my next paycheck, it's just that the cage I want to get him costs about $170. I also want to buy some new perches and things for the cage and those things get a little pricey. I'll get it eventually I suppose, but I'd rather get it sooner than later.

Better head to bed or play some more NFS Underground 2, which is pretty fun I must say, except now it's getting just a little late and I have trouble with playing that game for only a "little" while. Just a teeny bit addicting. Good night.

No comments: