Monday, April 24

"Westerny"

Ah, the great and wonderful world of designing Annual Reports. Not the most exciting documents in the world unless you're just REALLY into the whole stockholding thing. So it's the designer's job (aka "my" job) to help make it more interesting and actually have someone WANT to look at this thing and perhaps even learn something about the financial state of whatever company.

I'm pretty happy with the way mine is coming though. I have "Western Refining" and I'm trying to sort of link the company with the idea of being a rugged, fertile desert with creatures and plants and things. Like I use a picture of mountains along with my financial information, flowers on cactus' to show they're "blooming" and doing well in the corporate profile, blah, blah, blah. The whole thing is "westerny" with some big ornate type for headlines, warm browns and oranges and other subdued colors, western-style border treatments on images, some etching type drawings. You know...stuff...things.

I don't really feel like working right now though, though I am glad that because of my job I don't have as much wasted time trying to figure out how to use InDesign like many of my classmates do. So, it still takes a lot of time, but it's all pretty much productive for the most part and fairly satisfying to actually see what I was trying to accomplish actually done and looking pretty darn good.

I think I'm actually going to be able to go home in about a month, which is quite exciting. I think I will enjoy visiting with my parents and some old friends from town. It'll be a nice change of pace from school and work. Also, thank God school's about over, I need my brain to actually shut off for a time so I can get to sleep at night. Very irritating to not be able to fall asleep right away even though I'm exhausted but I can't get my brain to shut up and shut down so I can get some rest. Too many things to worry about and get done yet. None of them terribly stressful, I just have a whole bunch to do.

Anyways, I better go take a shower and get some more work done. Yippee!

No comments: