Thursday, April 27

Spoken Word

I'm so happy I had time to take a nap today. It's nice when 3 hour classes are cancelled and you end up with unexpected free time. Naps make the world a so much nicer place to be. Yeah, got a nap, and am currently working on my annual report thingy, which is still going quite well I believe.

Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday that my Anthro class had a "spoken word" artist come to our class. The guy's name is Will Richey and it was interesting to hear him act out/sort of sing his poems, I've never even been to a beat poetry thing or anything similar to what this guy did before...so that was kind of cool. I don't know how one makes a living being a "spoken word" artist, but it was very interesting. I think there's supposed to be something this weekend in Dallas with a lot of these poet guys and some cool jazz group. It could be a fun thing to go to, but I don't know anyone that would be willing to go with me and I'd most likely feel out of place there anyways. Sounds cool though.

Mmm...freshly shaved legs. Feels especially nice after being lazy for two weeks. Sorry, random, I know.

I think I want to go do something this weekend, but I don't know what. There is that poetry thing...but yeah, I don't know. I guess I'll figure something out, or not. I think sitting around being mopey is probably the best option. I've gone that route a few times, but I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll start looking for apartments, that could be exciting. I've already been thinking of little decorating things I want to do (mostly just hanging up artwork that's been too big to hang up anywhere). Or maybe I'll start on a personal project, I don't think I'll be needing to sacrifice all my free time to sleep and annual reports. Doing something I actually really want to do would be nice.

Well, better get back to workin' or doing something.

No comments: