Sunday, April 9

Race, Ethnicity and Identity

I hate it when I start stressing out about something that I can do nothing about. All I end up doing is getting myself depressed and usually end up with a pretty bad headache as well.

I was hoping to drive down to see my parents over Easter break...but guess what? I don't really have a break, I get off on Good Friday and the Monday after Easter at work, but not from school. I thought I would at least get Good Friday off, and I can't afford to take any absences in my Publication class...well perhaps Friday, but then that ends up being mostly driving on my trip, and with it being Easter and all, plane tickets won't be cheap. I guess I'll have to wait until school's over before I can go down to EP again.

So, I miss my parents and am pretty bummed that I won't have enough time to go drive down to see them. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time off work when this semester is done and before summer school starts up. Maybe there will be someone other than just me doing graphics work by then...I kind of don't like that I'm depended on so much when I'm only a part-time Intern. It's quite hard to ask for time off when apparently I'm the only one who can do this stuff (do it WELL anyways). Whatever, at least they're actually starting to listen my ideas and follow my design decisions more.

Okay, I think I'll stop bitching and moaning now. I'm actually doing quite well school wise and am keeping on top of things without too much hassle. OH! and I've actually designed a website! It's not finished yet because I have to keep hassling my fellow students to send me their work or at least tell me they don't want their stuff posted. I'm pretty happy with it so far, though sometimes the backgrounds don't load, so if a background is white hit "refresh" and it'll come up. I'm not sure if this is because it's a UNT hosted site or something I've done, but it loads really well on the computers at school. Currently I'm working on setting up links to put at the bottom of each page so you don't have to press the back button all the time. Tell me what you think about though, please. (Oh, btw this site is for my Anthropology class about "Race, Ethnicity, and Identity" and we each had to do self-statements at the beginning of the year. Eventually there will be something saying that on the homepage, but my prof hasn't decided what she wants it to say yet.)

Well, now I better go read or do some thumbnails or something before going to bed. Ciao!

No comments: