Thursday, September 7

M.I.A.

My boss sort of went "missing" for the past couple of days. Tuesday, not there. Wednesday, not there. Today, there. Without any contact.

Now he had submitted his resignation a couple weeks ago. So technically he's given his two weeks notice, BUT he was supposed to stay on until the end of this month. Well, apparently he's on medical leave now as we (me and tech-writer-chick) heard from one of the other higher ups. So, now we're kind of confused and a bit disordered now without our head honcho anymore. This was supposed to be a much smoother transition, with a week of overlap with both old honcho and new honcho. But alas, it will not work out that way.

I'm pretty sure he's kind of had an emotional breakdown, a lot of stress in his personal life from the little bits I've been able to glean here and there. I really hope everything turns out alright for him. I think he really just dealt with everything as long as he could and couldn't quite deal with another 3 weeks at his fairly stressful job. Understandable, and fortunately I'm not in a position that anyone would expect me to compensate too tremendously. I don't think I could handle that stress combined with my 75 thumbnails.

My 75 thumbnails which are now COMPLETE! and it's not 4 in the morning, sweet. All I had to do was work on them since about 4:30 today, such fun.

And since I'm done, I'm headed to bed. So that I can sleep. And rest. And dream wonderful, beautiful dreams. It will be great.

No comments: