Tuesday, May 2

Hot Dog!

Must stop playing Civilization II and do real work, I suck at the game anyways, yet now I've addicted myself to it again. Sheesh.

I almost brought home two dogs yesterday. They were walking along the side of the road and then tried to CROSS the road after I passed them and thought they'd get hit for sure. So me and this other lady pulled over at about the same time and we were trying to figure out what to do with them. They were cute, and very nice, one looked like a pitbull and the other was a sleeker black dog, both weighed about 30 lbs I'd guess. The dogs were so skinny and they had to been horribly thirsty, it was really hot out yesterday, the poor pups. I was about ready to take them and then another lady pulled up and she said she had a house and yard and stuff and she'd take them for the night and try to find the Humane Society to go and take them to. I was a little sad I didn't get them, but I hope they're doing okay. Such sweet puppies.

Oh well, I'll have a yard someday and I'll be able to get some more stray pets again. Take them in as they wonder on by without a home until I give them one. That won't be for a while yet considering that it's looking hard enough to find a one bedroom or efficiency apartment that's in my price range and isn't crap. Though there is one that I've found that looks really nice and isn't too expensive. More than I want to pay, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to find much cheaper unless I lower my standards by quite a bit. Plus this complex looked and felt nice and safe, and with me going off to live by myself, I think that's VERY important.

I'm going to look around a bit more, but I think I might be sold on this little efficiency. Plus it sounded like there were a few of these units free so I wouldn't have to fight to get one too bad. I think I will try to get a deposit and sign a lease somewhere before the end of this week though. I'll feel a lot better knowing I have a place secured.

Better get back (or actually start) to work. It would be nice to have my Annual Report completely done (except for actually printing and mounting and perhaps making a booklet) before this weekend and playing video games isn't helping me accomplish that. Off I go.

No comments: