Sunday, May 7

P for Procrastination

Ah, the joy of blogger and the wasting of time. I'm going to need to do some real work in the near future, I've got get quite a bit of stuff finished up for my portfolio review on Tuesday, not to mention I also have a test in another class that same evening. I should be able to get everything done fine though. I'm hoping to make a booklet of my Annual Report, but I want to have my pages printed on both sides and not just two pages pasted together, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the registration right so that everything lines up on both sides.

Ooh, and also, I have signed a lease for a new apartment! YAY! Apartment for me. I did some more searching on Thursday and found this place that was the exact same layout of the apartment that I had liked the most and the price was about as cheap as I was going to find so I signed that same day. The extra plus side of that is I also got $150 off my first month's rent because I signed the same day I looked at the place. I'm quite excited about the whole new apartment thing and I'll get to move in at the end of May. So it's like an early birthday gift to me!

Yay for early birthday gifts. That in itself is exciting because then I can actually go out with other people to bars and I can flash my DL showing that I'm 21. Not that I really care that much about drinking, but it's nice nonetheless. I'll probably just go out and get a margarita or something just because I can, though those margaritas can be pretty tasty.

So, last week a school, new apartment, turn 21 in less than a month, bird's currently NOT squawking...I'd have to say things are going quite well. My apartment is pretty close to the campus rec center so maybe I'll actually work out over the summer, or maybe I can at least convince myself to ride my bike more often, that might be nice.

I also got to see "V for Vendetta" on Friday night, which was a very good movie in my opinion. Though it could have done without the oh-so-obvious lectures on the American Government, I mean they were getting to the point with the oppressive Nazi-like government and warning of letting other governments become the same way without the actual lectures. But whatever, what I really liked about the movie was the quirky aspect of "V" the hero. I found his character to be refreshing and I am now intrigued enough that I'll think I'll buy me the graphic novel and see how far the movie deviates from the comic.

Anyways, I think I'm going to get some food before actually getting to work and actually try to focus on something for more than a few minutes. So long.

No comments: