Tuesday, October 7

Pseudo HDR

Following a suggestion to try a pseudo HDR (High Dynamic Range) look to some architecture shots from OCU, I think I've found a pretty cool way to process images that is way easier than any tutorials I've found online on how to do HDR (real or fake).

If you even care, here's what I did (using Lightroom): I've amped up the fill light A LOT, increased the blacks, brought up the recovery some, increased the contrast, and added a bit of sharpening.

All in all I think the result looks pretty cool, the only bad part is this process tends to create little halos around contrasty areas of the image, but if you tone down the fill light and recovery some it will usually go away.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

2 comments:

Shane said...

I like the truck and the building. You should make a preset for this process and give it to me :-)

Missy said...

I don't make presets for one, and I just told you how to do it anyways.