Monday, October 20

Lurch-esque

So, I'm playing around with off camera flash a bit more and I tried taking a cool picture of my BF in his tuxedo tails, but mostly he just looks kind of Lurch like.

I kind of really like the images still, even though this isn't really the look I was going for. Hopefully Trombonista BF doesn't mind me posting pictures of him on the world wide web.

Haven't adjusted the exposure much, but I did blur and take some of the detail out of the door in the background on the first one.



I guess a trombonist is pretty scary costume for Halloween?

1 comment:

Shane said...

These are really close to the mark Missy. A little practice and you won't want to take a photo unless your flash is there. Looking at the photos it seems your key is too low. I love contrasty shadows (you know that as well as anyone) but the light source is coming from below your handsome model. That is where the "Lurch" is coming from.

P.S. Don't use Heron! The feathers could cause you to choke!