Currently I'm defragging my harddrive, so hopefully that will help with dealing with some of these graphics. This project just seems neverending and I'm getting tired of everything having to have a concept. Can't something JUST be cool looking every once in a while? Most people don't even get the concept behind a lot of design anyways, but I suppose it's "subliminal" advertising or something.
Let's look at some logos shall we? The arrow between the E and the X in FedEx (look at the white, not the letters), the Nike swoosh is an abstract representation of wings (i.e. Nike the Greek goddess of victory), the Prudential rock stands for stability and security, and U-Haul has blocky, "boxey" letters (if you look at one there store signs you'll notice that all the letters are in their own box). Just to give a few examples.
I don't even know why I'm talking about this crap. I'm tired I guess. My Forensic Anthropology class is starting to get more disturbing, interesting, but disturbing. It's cool to know how people get figure out IDs on dead people and stuff, but I don't need to see pictures and it's unsettling to know how these deaths come about. Like pictures of a botched funeral prepping of a body (the woman looked bad even for a dead person), because a "student" at mortuary school screwed up on his test body. So much so, that the family wanted an ID done to know if this was their sister and pictures showing how the dental ID was done (they have to cut apart the cheeks, I looked at my desktop a whole during this class
Anyways, that's all I got for tonight. Night folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment