Tuesday, October 10

The Never Ending Project

Except I don't get a cool dog/dragon to fly on...

So, Primal Quest is going Primal and taking 4 evah! I want to be done with this client, I'm tired of getting hammered in critiques, I'm tired of not truly having free time. I want to come home and not have to worry about doing more homework, I'm tired of this one class being my second job. I spend a good portion of the day on the computer at my part time job, and then I've got to create more stuff on the computer when I get home.

Even when I'm not doing homework I'm THINKING about homework, I can't have a moments peace. Maybe I should become a zookeeper or something (one of my childhood dream jobs, I just really really like animals, even Sir Squawk-a-lot). I want to do a good job on this thing, but man is it beating me down. It's just taking forever to get ANYWHERE!

And I'm tired of the professors wanting us to do full-size pencil layouts when we've already got pretty final looking stuff on the computer! Just because pencil layouts work for them doesn't mean you can't do it another way. Everyone in my Graphic Design class seems to agree (especially after quite a few of us have had internships) that most clients like to see computer outputs. Plus most clients, in my opinion, won't have a problem saying that they want something different or a change. A lot of this stuff is easier to do on the computer, particularly if you're dealing with a lot of photos or something, in many ways its easier and better (more representative) looking of the final piece than a "tight pencil" drawing would be.

I'm tired of critiques, I'm to the point where I might just go off and do my own thing and show a pretty much finished product without showing my much of process in class. I'm getting tired of process because this process is taking way to friggin' long.

Okay, so I'm done ranting. I just feel like my class took a step backward this week instead of forward. Forward good, backward bad. Hopefully I can post a picture of my "final" poster soon and hopefully some spreads for my little pamphlet too. Night all.

No comments: