Wednesday, April 9

CS3 Would be Nice

I don't see how a company like Adobe can create some of the coolest software have the shittiest install system ever. I was so excited to get my CS3 update delivered today and I can't install it on my computer because an "error has occurred".

Can it tell what kind of error, or what caused the error so that I can remedy the situation? No. Does it halfway install (taking about 40 minutes) and then take another 40 minutes to uninstall the halfway installed software so I can try to install it again (which I've done 3 times already)? Yes. Does it still not work? Yes. Am I pissed off beyond reasoning? I was before, but I've calmed down considerably since then. Have I wasted my entire evening trying to get this damn thing to work? Yes. Am I too tired to try another lengthy install that will most likely result in failure? Yes. I'm headed to bed.

Oh, maybe this rant can help me out. At least I'm not the only one.

No comments: