Monday, January 22

System Failure

So...I'm pretty sure this last semester will kill me. I like all of my classes and my professors. I like my job okay. What I don't like is giant mounds of homework and thumbnails though, and, to be honest, I'm burnt out. I thought getting through school in four years would be great, but right now I'd like to just go on hiatus until the summer or fall semester.

I guess I don't feel totally up to the task, and I don't know if I want to start something that I might run out of juice to finish. Maybe it's fear of failure, maybe it's fear of graduation. Maybe. MAYBE. I'm just tired of everything and I want the world to stop...just for a bit.

Unfortunately, the world won't stop for my sanity and complaining and worrying about the semester isn't helping me. I know these things, but they are of small comfort at the moment. I need classes to graduate, I need work for dinero. I can't get rid of either without some pretty bad repercussions.

I feel stuck, I feel hopeless, I feel overwhelmed. I feel that I don't know what I want, or that I should want something different.

I feel tired and hungry, and I need to go to bed and shut my brain off because I can't stop overthinking.

1 comment:

EmberFireflash said...

I am right there with you, though atleast after this semester you will be done. I have 2 more years.