I guess I've been pretty busy lately, which is why I haven't posted in a while. And considering this the last day of my "Spring Break" I'm still pretty worn out. That may be because my Spring Break has been less restful/enjoyable that I would have liked, especially since this is my last Spring Break. So I guess I'll tell you why my Spring Break kind of sucked.
There are two main issues why my Spring Break sucked, the bigger issue, Issue #1, is my boss just quit. Not only did he quit, he quit in a very shit-tastic way. How shit-tastic you may ask? Let me explain. My "Boss of Old Bullshit" (we'll call him BOOB for short) had the idea in his head to create an Empire. He wanted to do things his way, not the company's way. He didn't want to listen to other people, he wanted to do it his way. He didn't care how many toes he stepped or how many heads he went over, he was going to do it his way. He almost got it his way. How? Let me explain. BOOB didn't tell people the whole story, he'd twist other peoples remarks around which were "accurate" remarks, but remarks to half truths that he told people so that he would get people to think his way was the best way. His way is not the best way.
You see, I work for a fairly large company. I do a job for the company, and that is to create graphics (boxes, insert cards, signage, ect.). I like doing my job and only my job. BOOB wanted to take on other people's jobs. He wanted be in charge of purchasing for graphics stuff. He wanted to do inhouse production on small manuals/warning sheets (let it be known that there are 3 of us in the graphics and literature team). This is a lot of stuff for a very small group in the company to be in charge of, but he wanted to make his position very hard to fill, he offered an ultimatum "Give BOOB a raise or BOOB quits". Higher level boss calls BOOB on his bluff, which is a good thing. BUT, but what is not a good thing is that me and coworker have to clean up all the shit and chaos that BOOB had started (but fortunately hadn't gotten too far).
BOOB kept me and coworker out of the loop on most of his empire building plans, we're slowly piecing things together. Everyday another issue arises that could possibly put production to a stop which is the thing we're most trying to avoid. All this stuff really sucks. And this is where Issue #2 becomes an issue over my non-Spring Break.
I have a major project due tomorrow (that's Monday, the Monday after Spring Break). So I've got Issue #BOOB to deal with, which for once causes me to worry about work when I'm not at work, and a big project for Graphic Design (my major, the class that's most important to me). All going on over non-Spring Break. Either of these issues alone wouldn't be so bad, but together they cause me much stress.
I'm really pissed off at BOOB for all the problems he caused that me and coworker now have to clean up. He brought more work than necessary unto himself to try and get a double boost in pay because he did so. He had pretty good ideas, but he was impatient and ended up causing way more problems in other departments than he did fixing problems in our own. BOOB was just not a team player I guess, and damnit was he arrogant. Like the shitty way he pretended to listen to your idea, but would never really consider it...pisses me off.
Okay, I'm done venting for the time being. The good news (finally!) is that I've gotten all the pieces for the Hotel Lawrence mocked-up and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll be happy to quasi turn it in tomorrow (it's not officially done until the final portfolio review at the end of the semester).
Oh well, I did get more sleep this week than usual because I didn't have class, but then again, did I ever have class?
Ha ha, it's funny because it's really not funny.
.....
I'll shut-up now.
Sunday, March 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*Rolls!*
Oh, man, oh man. Much <3.
Post a Comment