Monday, August 30

True That!

Wow, have I been missing college! Today was my first day, and it's taking me a little while to back into the groove of things, but it really is great. I'm so excited I have all these art classes this semester, and while it's going to be challenging it will be fun. I'm sure everyone is excited now that I'll always be within easy access to a computer with Internet cause that means I get to write out more shit and entertain you all.

I have had a very eventful summer, but it's turning out for the best now I believe. There are some out there who know what I'm talking about but now I'm going to dish it all out for everyone to hear, or at least the few who read this stupid thing and haven't heard it already. For about 5 weeks now I have been dating a funny, smart, witty, charming, sweet, kind, and just great all around guy, BUT.....he is over twice my age. Yes, you heard it folks, over TWICE my age. Now that may seem weird, and granted it is pretty weird, but weird in a very, very good way. There has been drama and some heartache, but as of yet, none between us, mostly angry family members (on my side). I do understand their concern and everyone else's, I've heard many arguments, some quite extreme, and believe me that I am aware of the "strangeness" of our situation. There is one concern that shouldn't be among anyone's mind though, I would never throw away all my hardwork and effort I've put into college and being an artist on anyone, art is my life and I would never jeopardize my dreams, for some reason that has been a particular concern for a few. Also, and this may be a little forward and blunt but I'm going to say it anyway, I have NEVER had sex and will not have sex until I am ready and no sooner, and when that time comes I am aware of and willing to take precautions against any danger of me contracting or conceiving anything or anyone.

Like I said there has been much drama and me coming back to school is a nice way to get away from it. I have never been one to follow the norm just because it's expected of me, I follow my heart and my judgement. My judgement to some may seem skewed at the moment, but the man I care for has made me happy and has been considerate enough and understanding enough to be patient, and I have been willing enough to stand up for my feelings. When you find someone that you can talk about anything with and enjoy it, someone who just makes you laugh and feels free to be silly, someone who you can just be close to and feel so great about without hesitation cannot be thrown away easily. I find myself lucky, because so far I have nothing but great memories about us, and maybe someday that will change, but why worry about things like that, the future looks so bright.

I could write for a very long time about all of this, but I think I'll stop now, I have to catch up on some emails. And for all those against opening your hearts out there, "Keep firing assholes!" cause I got a whole bag of shh with your name on it.

No comments: