Sunday, May 6

Class of 2007

Ah, it's nice to be able to relax again. All I've got left to do is one Art History test and a couple of ceremony/banquet things and then I'll be officially done. So far, since turning it my stuff on Wednesday, it's been awesome NOT doing homework. It's sort of sad in a way that I'm more excited about NOT doing homework than I am about actually having a degree.

It's been wondermous doing stuff and not thinking about or worrying what I need to get done for class, because you know what? I'm done with homework! Such a great feeling. My apartment will be clean again (that's actually what I'm taking a break from doing right now), I can play video games again (maybe I'll even buy a Wii), and I already have a job so I don't even have to worry about that. Things are going quite well.

Also, maybe I can be a better playmate for Boscoe so he doesn't feel so compelled to hang out with the external HD:

He's also got a bit of red-eye as well, kind of makes look more evil than cute.

Graduation's next week and my sister's wedding is the weekend after that, so I'll still be fairly busy, but you know what? I won't have to do any homework. Now with my free evenings I can play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, or watch Freakazoid episodes on YouTube, or read my growing collection of books that I haven't had time to read (until now).

I have come to realize though, that as hard and as time consuming that these past 3 years have been (freshman year doesn't really count, it was pretty easy), I've been able to get through it better than most. I've recently been hearing quite a few horror stories of people in my program that have really put their health in danger, spent many a sleepless night, and have had their families strain (those that have children and are married) as well to get through this. I obviously have been stressed, tired, and probably not eaten the best, but I never thought it was that out of the ordinary. So, I'm glad to have survived relatively unscathed and actually have pretty stable footing for after graduation.

Here's to the class of 2007, especially me.

No comments: